On Day 2 of the Cairo and Alexandria tour package, you will start your day with a delicious gourmet breakfast at your hotel in Cairo.
After breakfast, your certified tour guide will meet you to begin your Giza pyramids tour.
You will be transferred to the following historical sites:
1. The Great Pyramid of Cheops in Giza necropolis:
- Explore the magnificent Great Pyramid, built 4500 years ago during the Old Kingdom.
- You will have the option to go inside the pyramid or take photos of its enormous structure.
- Your tour guide will provide you with fascinating information about the pyramids.
2. The second Pyramid of King Chephren:
- Visit the pyramid built by King Chephren, the second reigning son of Cheops.
- This pyramid is slightly smaller than his father's pyramid but equally impressive.
- You will also see the famous Sphinx, the largest among the sphinxes in Egypt.
3. The third Pyramid of King Mycerinus:
- Witness the smallest royal pyramid in Giza, built for King Mycerinus of the 4th dynasty.
- Enjoy the panoramic view of the high plateau and consider taking a camel ride for amazing photos (optional activity).
4. The Great Giza Sphinx:
- Marvel at the iconic Sphinx, standing as a guardian to the entire necropolis.
- The Sphinx is a colossal statue with the body of a lion and the head of a human.
5. The Valley Temple:
- Visit one of the oldest temples in Egypt, located in front of the Sphinx.
- This temple was built for the ritual known as the opening of the mouth, ensuring the proper afterlife for King Chephren.
After exploring the Giza pyramids, you will be transferred to Memphis City, a 35-minute drive away. Memphis was the ancient capital of Egypt and is now an open-air museum.
Discover the treasures and masterpieces that remain from the oldest capital city of the Egyptian empire, dating back 5000 years to the time of King Menes.
Next, you will be taken to Saqqara, one of the richest and oldest archaeological sites in the world. Here, you will see the Step Pyramid, the oldest pyramid built by the famous architect Imhotep for King Djoser.
You will also have the opportunity to enter the pyramid of Teti, which is inscribed with hieroglyphs and cartouches of the kings.
Additionally, you will visit one of the nobles' tombs, decorated with colorful scenes depicting daily life in ancient Egypt.
After an exciting day of exploration, you will enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant in the village of Saqqara.
Then, you will be taken back to your hotel in Giza to spend the night.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch