The Sphinx is one of the most famous historical monuments in the Arab Republic of Egypt and specifically in the Egyptian city of Giza, due to its unique appearance and its unique location near the pyramids of Giza, which is one of the most important symbols of ancient Egyptian civilization along with this historical statue, and many indicate History and archeologists point out that this great statue belongs to the ancient Egyptian civilization and specifically to the period of the rule of the Fourth Dynasty that ruled Egypt at that time, and some of them dated the ownership of this statue to King Khafra, one of the ancient Egyptian kings and rulers.
This statue of the Sphinx was carved from a single block of stone, and this statue was formed with a lion's body representing strength and the head of a person representing intelligence, which made him combine in a unique genius the strength of the animal with the intelligence of man represented by the person of the reigning king of Egypt as the son of the god Amun Ra, the Lord of the Holy Sun.
The statue is missing his chin, some of which are displayed in sphinxes at the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square and the British Museum in London, and in front of "Abu Hool" there are architectural remains of a sizeable unfinished temple, and this temple dates back to the era of the Fourth Dynasty.
In the era of the New Kingdom, statues of the "Sphinx" with the head of a ram or head of a falcon spread to the forefront of Luxor and Karnak temples. And King Tuthmosis the Fourth, from the age of the eighteenth family in the modern state, set up a dream painting between the two claws of the statue of Abul-Hall in Giza in order to support his rise to the throne of Egypt based on his fabrication of a story confirming the support of the god to him to become the next ruler of Egypt at that time.
The campaigns led by Tuthmosis the Third to Asia had a great impact on the development of the Sphinx statues, for the first time the victorious Sphinx who trampled his enemies under his feet appeared, and only in this era did the Sphinx abandon his human head and replace it with the head of the legendary dog or the heads of rams such as those at the entrance to the temple Karnak.
In the Greco-Roman era, there appeared 3 different types of "forms" of the Sphinx statues, one of which is the pure Egyptian style, which is a style that has not changed from the traditional form of the Sphinx, which was known in previous times. As for the third, it was a mixture between the Egyptians and the Greeks. The headdress of the statue is pure Egyptian, while the claws and the crossed legs are Greek.
If you're planning to visit Egypt, then you should consider reviewing our detailed Egypt travel guide, as it is a very unique experience during Egypt Tours that is not comparable with any other things to do in Egypt. You can enjoy one of the Classic tours in Egypt, that all travelers would like to cruise the Nile River during Christmas tours in Egypt or while the best weather during Easter tours in Egypt. Covering most of Cairo day trips, Luxor day tours in addition to Aswan excursions, that is why our travel information section is meant to useful before proceeding with Egypt's best tours for those who seek culture, history of Egypt, and luxurious accommodation while sailing the Nile Valley.
The Sphinxes were not only used through the ages in Egypt, but also used outside Egypt, due to two reasons. The first is trade relations and the second is the extension of the Egyptian state to its control and influence that reached south of the Anatolian Mountains. Then, an ivory statue of Nimrod appeared in Assyria.
you can try and book one of our range of Egypt tours and Egypt Travel Packages many privately guided groups of Cairo day tours from airport and Egypt day tours to explore the capital city of Egypt, Cairo you can check a lot of Egypt itineraries or go on one of our full Cairo Day tours like:
– Egypt Tour Itineraries | Itineraries in Egypt.
– Aswan Tours | Aswan Excursions | Aswan Day Tours | Aswan Sightseeing tours.
– Egypt Travel Packages | Egypt Tours Packages.
– Egypt Excursions | The 10 Best Day Tours in Egypt.
– Egypt Shore Excursions 2020 | The 10 Best Excursions (From Egyptian Ports).
– Cairo Tours | Cairo Day Trips | Cairo Excursions | Cairo Sightseeing Tours | Things to do in Cairo.
– Cairo Day Tours from Airport | Day Tours from Cairo Airport | Cairo transit tours | Cairo Layover.
– Cairo Half Day Tours | Cairo Private Tours.
– Cairo Overnight Tours | Cairo Layover tours.
– Egypt Pyramids Tours | Giza Pyramids Tours | Tours in Giza.
– Luxor tours | Luxor Excursions | Luxor day Tours | Luxor Day Trips | Luxor Sightseeing tours.
– Sharm El Sheikh Day Tours | Sharm El Sheikh excursions | Things to do in Sharm.
– Hurghada Day Tours | Day Tours From Hurghada | Hurghada Excursions.
– Dahab Excursions | Dahab Safari Day Tours.
– Alexandria Shore Excursions | Shore Excursions from Alexandria port.
– Port Said Shore Excursions | Shore Excursions from Port Said.
– Shore Excursions from Safaga Port | Safaga shore excursions.
– Shore Excursions from Sokhna Port | Sokhna Port Shore Excursions.
– Sharm El Sheikh Shore Excursions | Tours from Sharm Elsheikh Port.
– Jordan Tours 2020 | Jordan Holidays.
– Pyramids Tour from Cairo Airport.
– Day tour to Giza pyramids, Memphis and Saqqara.
– Day tour to Giza pyramids & Sphinx, Memphis, Saqqara and Dahshur.
– Cairo day tour to Saqqara, Memphis and Dahshur.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids.
– Day Tour to Giza Pyramids, Memphis and Saqqara.
– Mount Sinai Tours from Cairo.
– Cairo Stopover Transit Tour.
– Cairo Short Break | Cairo city break.
– Half day tour to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx.
– Bahariya Oasis and White Desert tour from Cairo.
– Day trip to Luxor from Cairo by flight.
– Day trip to Alexandria from Cairo.
– Cairo Stopover Tour.
– Snorkeling trip to Ain Sokhna from Cairo.
– Suez Canal Day Trip from Cairo.
– Siwa Oasis from Cairo.
– Egypt classic tours | Classic Packages to Egypt.
– 8 Days Cairo and the Nile Cruise by Air | Travel Packages in Egypt.
– 5 Days Cairo and Alexandria tour package | Egypt Package Tour from Cairo.
– 7 Days Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh Tour | Egypt Vacation Packages.
– 13 Days Cairo, Nile Cruise and The Oasis Tour | the best of Egypt holidays all inclusive.
– Cairo and White Desert Adventure Tour | Egypt Vacations.
– Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan | Egypt Nile Cruise Luxor and Aswan.
– 3 Days Cairo Stopover | Cairo Short Break | Egypt Short Vacation.
– 4 Days Cairo Short Break Tour | Cairo Stopover.
– Cairo, Nile Cruise and Red Sea Tour.
– Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Aswan holiday package.
– 7 Days Cairo and The Nile Cruise Vacation | Travel package in Egypt.
– 5 Days Cairo and Luxor Vacation | Tour Packages in Egypt.
– 6 Days Cairo and Nile Cruise Vacation | 6 Days holiday Package in Egypt.
– Vacation Packages to Egypt | Pyramids, Nile Cruise, and Sharm El Sheikh Tour Package.
– 12 Days Cairo, Alexandria, The Nile Cruise and Hurghada Travel.
– 10 Days Egypt private tour package | Egypt Budget Tours.
– 10 Days Package to Egypt | Egypt 10 Days Itinerary.
– 11 Days Egypt Tour | 11 Day s Egypt Itinerary.
– Egypt Luxury Tours | Luxury Egypt Tour Packages | Best of Egypt Tours.
– 8 Days Egypt and the Nile Cruise Luxury Tour.
– Egypt Christmas tours 2020 | The best Egypt new year tours (Christmas packages).
– MS Mayfair Christmas Nile Cruise Tours | Xmas and New Year Nile Cruises.
– Egypt Easter Tours 2020 | Easter Tours in Egypt | Egypt Travel during Easter.
– Egypt Nile River Cruise Tours | Lake Nasser Cruise | Egypt Nile Cruises 2020.
– 5 Days Nile Cruise Tour from Luxor to Aswan | The Best Nile Cruise Tours.
– 4 Days Nile River Cruise from Aswan To Luxor.
– Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise | Lake Nasser cruises 2020.
– Aswan to Luxor Nile Cruise | Steigenberger Minerva Nile Cruise.
– Movenpick Royal Lily Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan | Egypt Nile Cruises.
– Nile Cruise Aswan to Luxor | MS Nile Dolphin Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
– MS Amoura Dahabiya Nile Cruise | Dahabiya Nile Cruise Luxor to Aswan.
– MS Semiramis II Nile Cruise | Luxor to Aswan Nile Cruise.
– Steigenberger Omar El Khayam Lake Nasser Cruise.
– Ms Mayfair Nile Cruise | Luxor Aswan Nile Cruise.
– MS Concerto Nile Cruise in Luxor
– MS Farah Nile Cruise.
– Mopvenpick MS Royal Lotus | Egypt Nile Cruise Holidays 2020.
– Oberoi Zahra Nile Cruise.
– Sonesta St. George Nile Cruise | Egypt Nile River Cruise Holidays.
– Sonesta MS Moon Goddess Nile Cruise.
– MS Amwaj living stone Nile Cruise | Nile Cruise Luxor Aswan.
– Ms Esplanade Nile Cruise | Luxury Nile Cruise Aswan to Luxor.
– Movenpick MS Royal Lily Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
– MS Royal Princess Egypt Nile River Cruise | Nile Cruise Aswan Luxor.
– MS Steigenberger Legacy Nile Cruise | Egypt Nile Cruise Luxor to Aswan.
– MS Tulip Nile Cruise | Aswan to Luxor Nile Cruise Egypt.
– MS Alexander the Great Nile Cruise.
– MS Aljamila Nile cruise | Nile Cruise Egypt.
– MS Al Kahila Nile Cruise Luxor to Aswan | Nile Cruise Holiday.
– MS Oberoi Philae Nile Cruise | Luxury Nile Cruises.
– MS Blue Shadow Nile Cruise | Aswan to Luxor Nile River Cruise.
– Sonesta Amirat Dahabeya Nile Cruise | Dahabiya Cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
– Merit Dahabeya Nile Cruise | Merit Dahabiya Nile Cruise.
– MS Blue Shadow Nile Cruise Tours Luxor to Aswan.
– 4 Days MS Lofian Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
– Movenpick MS Darakum Nile Cruise Tours | Luxor Aswan Nile Cruises.
– MS Sunray Nile Cruise Aswan To Luxor.
– Special Offers Egypt Holidays | Egypt Hot Deals.
– Egypt Desert Safari Adventure | Egypt Desert Safari Trips to Siwa and the Oases.
– Desert Safari Trip to Bahariya Oasis and the White Desert | White Desert Egypt Tour.
– Cairo, Oasis and Nile Cruise Tour Package | Egypt Desert Tours.
– Siwa, Bahariya and White Desert Tour Package | Siwa Oasis tour package from Cairo.
– White Desert Egypt Tour | Safari Trip to Bahariya Oasis and White Desret.
– 2 Days Budget Tour to Bahariya Oasis and White Desert.
– Siwa Oasis Desert Safari from Cairo