The Temple of Khnum in the city of Esna is located about 55 km south of Luxor on the west bank of the Nile, where it was discovered and cleaned from rubble in 1843 AD, in the second half of the nineteenth century towards the end of Muhammad Ali Pasha reign.
The teacher was an old custom to worship the idol betrayed them and his family, Grant Bennett's Wort, which is the creator of human beings as well as the idol Nita and her family next to the idol of the other, explaining that the most important thing in the living room of the columns that depend on the most beautiful buildings in Egypt and to the Greek, Roman, it is about that section thing problems with interface-style of a particular architectural and roof 24 our fleet of high 5,13 m decorated with reliefs protruding with the crowns of the vegetarian variety, this rule is considered (soap) Of the most beautiful hall of columns in Egypt on the whole from where the women and the manner of carving the crowns of the columns, and survival in a good state of preservation, and the views of the internal majority of which related to religion and worship in that period It is made up of religious literature and texts about the creation of the world.
The temple is considered one of the most important tourist attractions in the city of Esna which administratively belongs to Aswan, as it is the only remaining of the four temples that were present in Esna, three of which are in the northwest of Esna (Asfour - Kom el-Dair - west of Esna), while the fourth was located in the east of Esna (Hilla), and in the year 1830, Another temple was discovered in Kummer, southwest of Esna, about 10 km. However, these temples disappeared in the last century and nothing remains of them except what is indicated by them, confirming that the French scientist (Champollion) visited the Temple of Esna in the year 1828 AD and stated that he saw inscriptions bearing The name of King Tuthmosis in this temple, and it is believed that the current temple was built on the ruins of an ancient temple dating back to the era of the Third Dynasty Ment of ten, where he found the inscriptions bearing the name of King Thutmose in 1468 - 1436 BC, which was mentioned in the name of the city of Esna his reign.
Most historians have suggested that the temple dates back to the middle state of the Twelfth Dynasty, 1991-1778 BC, where the temple was destroyed and rebuilt in the Sawi era of the twenty-sixth family, and most of it lies under modern houses in Esna, while the current temple began construction in the era of the Ptolemaic King Ptolemy the third, nicknamed the Philopator, that is, the lover of his mother was added to it in the Roman era a hall belonging to the era of the Roman Emperor (Claudius) 40 AD, and the decoration of the hall was in the era of Vesian, Trajan and Hadrian, and the last engravings date back to the time of Emperor Decius around the year 249 - 250 AD on the western wall For the temple, that is, this temple It will pass in its construction and decoration during the 400 years of separate periods between the year 181 BC - the year 250 AD.
If you're planning to visit Egypt, then you should consider reviewing our detailed Egypt travel guide, as it is a very unique experience during Egypt Tours that is not comparable with any other things to do in Egypt. You can enjoy one of the Classic tours in Egypt, which all travelers would like to cruise the Nile River during Christmas tours in Egypt or while the best weather during Easter tours in Egypt. Covering most of Cairo day trips, Luxor day tours in addition to Aswan excursions, that is why our travel information section is meant to useful before proceeding with Egypt's best tours for those who seek culture, history of Egypt, and luxurious accommodation while sailing the Nile Valley.
Would you like to come to Egypt to learn more about ancient Egyptian history and religion? you can make your dreams come true and spend a day in Abydos, Giza, Luxor, Aswan to see the tombs of the Pharaohs adorned with very clear, detailed, and beautifully painted scenes of the various deities of ancient Egypt as well as many other sites, cities, adventures and things to do in Cairo, you can try and book one of our range of Egypt tours and Egypt Travel Packages many privately guided groups of Cairo day tours from airport and Egypt day tours to explore the capital city of Egypt, Cairo you can check a lot of Egypt itineraries or go on one of our full Cairo Day tours like:
– Pyramids Tour from Cairo Airport.
– Day tour to Giza pyramids, Memphis and Saqqara.
– Day tour to Giza pyramids & Sphinx, Memphis, Saqqara and Dahshur.
– Cairo day tour to Saqqara, Memphis and Dahshur.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids.
– Cairo day to tour to Saqqara and Memphis.
– Old Cairo Tour | Egyptian Museum Tour.
– Day Tour to Giza Pyramids, Memphis and Saqqara.
– Quad Biking around Giza Pyramids.
– Mount Sinai Tours from Cairo.
– Day Tour to El Fayoum from Cairo.
– Cairo Stopover Transit Tour.
– Cairo Short Break | Cairo city break.
– Half day tour to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx.
– Bahariya Oasis and White Desert tour from Cairo.
– Day trip to Luxor from Cairo by flight.
– Giza Pyramids Camel Ride.
– 2 Days Safari to the white desert and bahariya oasis tour from Cairo.
– Day trip to Alexandria from Cairo.
– 3 Days Bahariya Oasis Tour from Cairo.
– Day trip to Alexandria from Cairo.
– Cairo Stopover Tour.
– Cairo Layover Tours to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx from Cairo airport.
– Giza Pyramids sound and light show.
– Felucca Ride on the Nile in Cairo.
– Nile Dinner Cruise in Cairo.
– Day tour to Wadi El Natroun Monasteries.
– Coptic and Islamic Cairo Tour.
– Grand Egyptian Museum Tour from Cairo.
– Half Day tour to the Grand Egyptian Museum.
– Snorkeling trip to Ain Sokhna from Cairo.
– Day Tour to the Red Sea El Ain El Sokhna from Cairo.
– El Alamein Day Tour from Cairo.
– Suez Canal Day Trip from Cairo.
– Day tour to the Camel Market in Cairo.
– Pharaonic Village tour in Cairo.
– Day tour to Tanis, Bubastis and the Suez Canal from Cairo.
– El Minya tour from Cairo.
– Two days trip to El Minya from Cairo.
– Cairo day tour to Saqqara, Memphis and Dahshur Pyramids.
– Half day tour to the Egyptian Museum.
– Tanoura dance show in Cairo.
– Day tour to Giza Pyramids and Saqqara Necropolis from Cairo.
– Giza Pyramids and Saqqara day trip with Camel Ride.
– Day tour to Giza Pyramids and Memphis City.
– Cairo Day Trip to Giza Pyramids and Dahshur Pyramids.
– Cairo Day Tour to Sakkara and Dahshur Pyramids.
– Day tour to Dahshur, Saqqara and Maidum from Cairo.
– Day tour to Dahshur, Memphis and Maidum from Cairo.
– Day tour to Giza Pyramids, Dahshur, and Maidum from Cairo.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids and Meidum from Cairo.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids Meidum and Saqqara from Cairo.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids Memphis and Meidum from Cairo.
– Siwa Oasis from Cairo.
– Cairo by Night Tour.
– Nile Cruise Cairo Lunch.
– Cairo Shopping Tour.
– Egypt countryside trip.
– Walking tour in Cairo.
– Half-day tour to Memphis and Dahshur.
– Islamic Cairo Tour.
– Cairo unusual tour to have breakfast in an Egyptian Village.
– Cairo unusual tour to visit an Egyptian Village.
– Unusual day trip to the mosques of Albayt in Cairo.
– Unusual tour to Coptic Cairo and the Cave Church of Saint Simon.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids, Islamic Cairo and Khan El Khalili Bazaar.
– Tour to Pyramids, Egyptian Museum and Coptic Cairo.
– Egypt classic tours | Classic Packages to Egypt.
– 8 Days Cairo and the Nile Cruise by Air | Travel Packages in Egypt.
– 5 Days Cairo and Alexandria tour package | Egypt Package Tour from Cairo.
– 7 Days Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh Tour | Egypt Vacation Packages.
– 13 Days Cairo, Nile Cruise and The Oasis Tour | the best of Egypt holidays all inclusive.
– Cairo and White Desert Adventure Tour | Egypt Vacations.
– Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan | Egypt Nile Cruise Luxor and Aswan.
– 3 Days Cairo Stopover | Cairo Short Break | Egypt Short Vacation.
– 4 Days Cairo Short Break Tour | Cairo Stopover.
– Cairo, Nile Cruise and Red Sea Tour.
– Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Aswan holiday package.
– 7 Days Cairo and The Nile Cruise Vacation | Travel package in Egypt.
– 5 Days Cairo and Luxor Vacation | Tour Packages in Egypt.
– 6 Days Cairo and Nile Cruise Vacation | 6 Days holiday Package in Egypt.
– Vacation Packages to Egypt | Pyramids, Nile Cruise, and Sharm El Sheikh Tour Package.
– 12 Days Cairo, Alexandria, The Nile Cruise and Hurghada Travel.
– 10 Days Egypt private tour package | Egypt Budget Tours.
– 10 Days Package to Egypt | Egypt 10 Days Itinerary.
– 11 Days Egypt Tour | 11 Day s Egypt Itinerary.
– Egypt Luxury Tours | Luxury Egypt Tour Packages | Best of Egypt Tours.
– 8 Days Egypt and the Nile Cruise Luxury Tour.
– Egypt Luxury Tour 12 Days to Cairo Nile Cruise and The Red Sea | Egypt Luxury tour packages.
– 12 Days Cairo, Nile Cruise and Lake Nasser Cruise Luxury Tour.
– 10 Days and The Nile Cruise Luxury Tour | Egypt Luxury Vacations.
– 8 Days Cairo and Dahabeya Luxury Travel | Egypt Luxury Private Tours.
– Cairo, Aswan and Luxor Travel in style | Egypt Luxury Travel.
– 12 Days Cairo, Alexandria, The Nile Cruise and Hurghada Luxury Travel.
– 10 Days Egypt Luxury Tour Package | Luxury Egypt Tours.
– 10 Days Luxury Package to Egypt | Egypt 10 days Luxury Itinerary.
– 11 Days Egypt Luxury Tour | Luxury Egypt Tour Package.
– Egypt Christmas tours 2020\2021 | The best Egypt new year tours (Christmas packages).
– 9 days Cairo and Xmas Nile Cruise by Train | Egypt Christmas Holidays 2020\2021.
– 8 Days Cairo and Christmas Nile Cruise by Flight | Egypt Christmas and New Year tours 2020\2021.
– New Year in Egypt 2020\2021 Holidays and Nile Cruise | Egypt Christmas Holidays.
– 4 Days Cairo Short Break during Christmas.
– Cairo, The Nile and Hurghada Christmas Travel | Egypt Christmas tours.
– 10 Days Egypt Christmas Package Tour.
– 10 Days Egypt Christmas tour package.
– 5 Days Cairo and Luxor Holiday during the Christmas | Egypt Christmas Travel | Egypt Christmas and New Year Tours.
– 11 Day Egypt Christmas Tour Package | Christmas tours in Egypt.
– Movenpick MS Royal Lily Christmas Nile Cruise.
– MS Mayfair Christmas Nile Cruise Tours | Xmas and New Year Nile Cruises.
– Egypt Easter Tours 2021 | Easter Tours in Egypt | Egypt Travel during Easter.
– 8 days Cairo and the Nile by Air during Easter | Easter Travel Packages in Egypt.
– 7 days Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh Easter Tours.
– 5 days Cairo and Alexandria holiday package during Easter | Egypt Easter tours.
– 4 days Cairo Short Break During Easter | Egypt Easter Holidays | Easter Trip to Egypt.
– 12 days Egypt Easter vacations | Easter Travel Package to Egypt.
– 12 Days Cairo, The Nile Cruis and Hurghada during Easter.
– 10 Days Egypt Easter Tour Package.
– 10 Days Egypt Easter Package.
– 11 Day Egypt Easter Tours 2021 | Egypt Tour Package.
– MS Mayfair Egypt Nile River Cruise During Easter 2021.
– 4 Days Movenpick Royal Lily Nile Cruise during Easter 2021.
– Egypt Nile River Cruise Tours | Lake Nasser Cruise | Egypt Nile Cruises 2020\2021.
– 5 Days Nile Cruise Tour from Luxor to Aswan | The Best Nile Cruise Tours.
– 4 Days Nile River Cruise from Aswan To Luxor | Aswan to Luxor Nile Cruise.
– Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise | Lake Nasser cruises 2020\2021.
– Aswan to Luxor Nile Cruise | Steigenberger Minerva Nile Cruise.
– Movenpick Royal Lily Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan | Egypt Nile Cruises.
– Nile Cruise Aswan to Luxor | MS Nile Dolphin Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
– MS Amoura Dahabiya Nile Cruise | Dahabiya Nile Cruise Luxor to Aswan.
– MS Semiramis II Nile Cruise | Luxor to Aswan Nile Cruise.
– Steigenberger Omar El Khayam Lake Nasser Cruise.
– MS Mayfair Nile Cruise | Luxor Aswan Nile Cruise.
– MS Concerto Nile Cruise in Luxor
– MS Farah Nile Cruise.
– Movenpick MS Royal Lotus | Egypt Nile Cruise Holidays 2020\2021.
– Oberoi Zahra Nile Cruise.
– Sonesta St. George Nile Cruise | Egypt Nile River Cruise Holidays.
– Sonesta MS Moon Goddess Nile Cruise.
– MS Amwaj living stone Nile Cruise | Nile Cruise Luxor Aswan.
– Ms Esplanade Nile Cruise | Luxury Nile Cruise Aswan to Luxor.
– Movenpick MS Royal Lily Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
– MS Royal Princess Egypt Nile River Cruise | Nile Cruise Aswan Luxor.
– MS Steigenberger Legacy Nile Cruise | Egypt Nile Cruise Luxor to Aswan.
– MS Tulip Nile Cruise |