Taba's Castle of Salah al-Din is a magnet for tourists from all over the world and Egyptian travellers. It is situated at the far north end of the gulf of Aquaaba, on the edge of the Israeli port of Eilat and Jordanian port, and through its walls there are border areas of 4 nations: Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and the occupied Palestine.
Salah El-Din Castle in Taba is an important historic and archaeological site situated in the Pharaoh Island frontier and, because of its strategic position and complex construction, it is on the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites and is the world's most beautiful tourist destination in Egypt.
It is one of the most important landmarks of Taba, 10 km from Aqaba and 250 m from the Sinai coast. It represents an important historical and cultural value that was established by Commander Salah al-Din in 567 AH 1171 CE to repel the Crusaders ’raids and protect the Egyptian pilgrimage route through Sinai and the castle’s features and importance.
Likewise, it includes defensive installations such as walls, towers, a furnace for the manufacture of weapons, a war meeting room, subsistence elements from soldiers' rooms, a baking oven, grain stores, a steam bath, water tanks and a mosque built by Prince Hussam al-Din Bajil Bin Hamdan and the castle was built from granite fiery stone taken from the hill on which the castle was built.
Not only that, but it is a fortified castle with an external wall as the first defense line supported by nine defensive towers then two fortifications, north and penetrated by 14 towers, including a homing pigeon and a small southern fortification. Each fortification has a defensive wall as a second line of defense. The homing pigeon in the eastern part of the northern fortification and inside the pigeon houses "Banani pigeons" were found, with remnants of barley and beans and remnants of letters that were placed in feet. It is known that the homing pigeon is distinguished by its strong muscles, its wide chest and its wide eyes, and it can walk a thousand kilometers without It stopped and used as homing pigeon in World War I and II and was used by Reuters at the start of its work.
The castle includes a steam bath as a hospital and to maintain the health and cleanliness of the soldiers, it consists of three rooms, the first for changing clothes and then passing through a long corridor leading to the two hot rooms.
The most important activities that can be practiced in the Citadel of Salah al-Din in Taba:
• Enjoy a boat or ferry cruise on the way to the castle, while taking the most spectacular close-up photos of its magnificent granite façade.
• Experience climbing the hill above the majestic castle and get a panoramic shot of Taba from above.
• Check out the huge castle building from the inside and see the soldiers' rooms, granaries and weapons, factories and water tanks that combine European and Islamic styles.
• The rise of the castle's towering towers, which exceeds 20 towers, spread along its extended walls, where the archers' hideouts, watchtowers, and other homing pigeons were sent between army leaders and kings in the past.
• Enjoy a full panoramic view of Egypt's borders with Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Palestine from the top of these towers.
• Finally, enjoy diving in an exciting experience between the varied and colorful forms of fish, giant coral reefs and sharp rock formations that include Pharaoh's Island, as well as the Saladin Castle of Taba.
Egypt welcomes you with its mighty Nile along the Nile valley as you will be exploring the Luxor east and west bank tour. and marvelous monuments with Cairo Top Tours which is ready to offer our guests, the best trips in Egypt and Egypt itineraries to discover most of the important things to do in Cairo, Most visitors will make a beeline straight to the most famous sightseeing the Great Pyramid of Khufu, Adventurers, backpackers, and travel bloggers could join one of our Egypt budget tours traversing the Sahara Desert, like Siwa tours from Cairo for instance or preferably the White Desert tours Egypt