Isn't it true that everybody loves spending time at the beach? Celebrate your love of the beach on August 30th, National Beach Day. This holiday, which started in 2014, raises awareness of the beauty of beaches while also stressing the importance of protecting them. Learn more about this day and the best Egyptian beaches to explore!
World Beach Day
They provide recreation all summer long, whether we spend time on the beaches, at a lake, or in a river. Swimming, water sports, and sunbathing are only a few examples of relaxing activities.
Happy National Beach Day
We also like to go for long walks and play Frisbee. Floating in the surf with friends on a humid summer day builds summer memories that will last a lifetime. Often only packing a few ice-cold drinks and a nice book is enough to make the day on the beach perfect.
International Beach Day
However, we are still responsible for caring for the beach. Not only can we pack out what we bring in, but we must also adhere to the beach rules. Safety and enjoyment are inextricably linked.
World Beach Day was set up by Patti Jewel after a year-long 2010 project to visit all Florida beaches. She began her holidays to raise awareness of the ecological issues that ruin the beaches, such as pollution, deforestation, overdevelopment, urban run-off, and polluted sands that threaten beach wildlife and beach enjoyment.
World Beach Day is a day to enjoy and appreciate the beaches and preserve and clean them for years of fun to come. World Beach Day continues World Beach Month, which includes activities and special days to promote awareness and appreciation of beach contamination.
Here’s how you can help:
- Leave nothing behind after enjoying the beach.
- Keep the animals stuck or trapped in the garbage, on the land, and in the water. So, float, dive, surf, and take in the underwater playgrounds of the planet.
- Just note to do your part to protect one of our most precious natural resources—our beaches.
- World Beach Day is the ideal day to visit Egypt's beach with family or as couples and enjoy the sand and seawater and beach life.
Discover the best beaches in Egypt
Egypt is the perfect option for anyone looking to spend a relaxing holiday on the beach, where the peaceful geography, ample sunshine, and fine sand have made Egypt one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
If you're looking to take selfies of the sea and place them on Instagram, or you want to enjoy memorable activities, you're going to find everything you want in those destinations that satisfy all your needs.
- Akiba Beach, Marsa Matruh is one of the most beautiful tourist beaches in Egypt, surrounded by high cliffs. The beach is located 17 miles from Marsa Matruh, and it takes 7 hours to get there from Cairo.
- The beach is characterized by beautiful sand and clean water, a well-known tourist spot among visitors from different countries around the world.
- The uniqueness of this beach, the cliffs, and the brilliant colors are all major tourist attractions.
- You can take pictures in the charming countryside, and there are places for a variety of sports, including swimming, and diving.
- Abu Gallum, Dahab: Between Dahab and Nuweiba, on the east coast of South Sinai, lies the Ras Abu Gallum Reserve, one of the three reserves unmatched anywhere due to the richness of the climate and special tourism activities.
- The head of Abu Gallum is a nature reserve overlooking the Gulf of Aqaba, in the Wadi Rasasa area, distinguished by its coral reefs and the multiplicity of marine creatures.
- Sharm El Luli, Marsa Alam: It's situated 60 kilometers south of Marsa Alam. The beach stretches over a beautiful lake, its waters are always warm, clear, crystal-like, and gradient in tone. It placed first in the list of the 10 best beaches in the Middle East for 2018, published by Trip Advisor, which specializes in travel and tourism around the world.
- Ras Shaitan (Devil's Head ), Nuweiba It is situated between the cities of Nuweiba and Taba in South Sinai and overlooks the Gulf of Aqaba, its original name was "Ras Al-Shatan," but since the founders of the place were aliens, it was difficult for them to pronounce correctly so that the name turned overtime to "Ras Shaitan."
- Sahl Hasheesh Beach, Hurghada: The Sahl Hasheesh International Resort, situated 18 km south of Hurghada, with its sandy beaches of 12.5 km or more, is one of the best-integrated luxury resorts on the Red Sea coast. This resort is surrounded by the majestic Red Sea Mountains from the west and the clear blue Sea of the Red Sea from the east, with an area of 41 square kilometers equivalent to 4100 hectares.
- Ras Um Sid, Sharm El Sheikh is situated on the edge of a small peninsula only a few kilometers from the Bay of Naama and offers stunning natural landscapes of the Red Sea and the coral reefs. It is much quieter than the old Sharm El-Sheikh market and the Ras Mohamed National Park, where divers will be dazzled by the incredible coral shapes, particularly coral reefs, as well as the abundance of aquatic life, including numerous rare fish species.
- Ras Banas, Marsa Alam The tourist area of Ras Banas is situated on the coast of the Red Sea, a peninsula surrounded by water from the north, south, and east. It's situated in the south of Marsa Alam.
- Soma Bay, Hurghada is one of the most charming natural spots that combines picturesque beaches featuring gorgeous blue waters and exquisite coral reefs that draw many visitors from all over the world, as well as entertainment facilities such as diving centers, water games, and distinctive sports fields, the most popular golf courses.