If you travel to Egypt you will visit the site of Khan el-Khalili, which is originally the site of a mausoleum known as turbot az-Za'faraan (Saffron Tomb), which was the burial site of the Fatimid caliphs that has become one of the most important markets in Islamic Cairo.
During the reign of the Mamluk Sultan Barquq, the first Mamluk Sultan, Egypt had been affected by the ravages of the Black Death but continued to be the center of the fabulous economic venture, with many commercial and religious buildings still being constructed at this time.
Egypt is full of exotic souvenirs made out of all kinds of materials like silver, gold, stone, cotton, wool, which tourists would like to purchase during their holiday in Egypt. This is the place where tourists can find genuine Egyptian products.
The ancient area of Khan al-Khalili one of the most lively places and things to do in Cairo, 600 years old, is considered one of the oldest markets in Egypt and the Middle East, and its ancient architecture has been preserved since the Mamluk era, according to the Egyptian State Information Service.
Khan el-Khalil was not affected by the ravages of time, and he remained an inspiration for authors and artists, so they are prepared to creativity, as he wrote, Naguib Mahfouz, his novel "Khan Al-Khalili" describes the atmosphere of the old neighborhood, as Side corridors intersect the original street, and the sides of the corridors and the street itself are crowded with shops like watchmakers and calligraphers and coffee shops, a fourth for carpets, a fifth for antiques, and so on. While it is located here and some cafes are no more than the size of a small shop, the makers sat in front of the shops lying in patience for their art.
Khan El Khalili Bazaar is located close to Al-Azhar Mosque and is included in most of Cairo Day Tours to Islamic Cairo, in the middle of Cairo's most economic zone of activity. This economic and commercial zone extended along the city's main north-south axis, (al-Mu'izz street), and was also the privileged site of many monumental religious complexes built throughout the Mamluk period and beyond.
Whatever you are buying, get ready to bargain. it is a ritual valid for both Egyptian customers and tourists. There are no strict rules, except one: if you do not negotiate, there is a serious probability of paying a much higher amount for the object.
Khan Al-Khalili today is occupied by locals rather than foreign merchants and shop holders but is significantly geared towards tourists. Typically all shops there sell souvenirs, jewelry, and souvenirs but many traditional workshops continue to serve in the surrounding area which is famous for the most beautiful Islamic Cairo trips.
If you're planning to visit Egypt, then you should consider reviewing our detailed Egypt travel guide, as it is a very unique experience during Egypt Tours that is not comparable with any other things to do in Egypt. You can enjoy one of the Classic tours in Egypt, which all travelers would like to cruise the Nile River during Christmas tours in Egypt or while the best weather during Easter tours in Egypt. Covering most of Cairo day trips, Luxor day tours in addition to Aswan excursions, that is why our travel information section is meant to useful before proceeding with Egypt's best tours for those who seek culture, history of Egypt, and luxurious accommodation while sailing the Nile Valley.
Planning any tours to Egypt? or from our varieties of tours from Cairo, you can simply see Khan El-Khalili with Cairo Top Tours.
Egypt Travel Packages that include visiting Khan El Khalili Bazaar as well as many other wonders of Egypt:
- Pyramids, Nile Cruise & Sharm El Sheikh
- Tour to Giza pyramids, the Egyptian Museum, Old Cairo, and Khan El Khalili
- Pyramids Tour from Cairo Airport
- Half-Day Tour to Egyptian Museum
- Day tour to Giza pyramids, Memphis and Saqqara.
- Day tour to Giza pyramids & Sphinx, Memphis, Saqqara, and Dahshur.
- Cairo day tour to Saqqara, Memphis, and Dahshur.
- Tour to Giza Pyramids.
- Cairo day to tour Saqqara and Memphis.
- Old Cairo Tour | Egyptian Museum Tour.
- Day Tour to Giza Pyramids, Memphis, and Saqqara.
- Quad Biking around Giza Pyramids.
- Mount Sinai Tours from Cairo.
- Day Tour to El Fayoum from Cairo.
- Cairo Stopover Transit Tour.
- Cairo Short Break | Cairo city break.
- Half-day tour to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx.
- Bahariya Oasis and White Desert tour from Cairo.
- Day trip to Luxor from Cairo by flight.
- 2 Days Safari to the white desert and Bahariya oasis tour from Cairo.
- Day trip to Alexandria from Cairo.
- 3 Days Bahariya Oasis Tour from Cairo.
- Day trip to Alexandria from Cairo.
- Cairo Stopover Tour.
- Cairo Layover Tours to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx from Cairo airport.
- Giza Pyramids sound and light show.
- Felucca Ride on the Nile in Cairo.
- Nile Dinner Cruise in Cairo.
- Coptic and Islamic Cairo Tour.
- Snorkeling trip to Ain Sokhna from Cairo.
- Day Tour to the Red Sea El Ain El Sokhna from Cairo.
- El Alamein Day Tour from Cairo.
- Suez Canal Day Trip from Cairo.
- 8 Days Egypt and the Nile Cruise Luxury Tour.
- Egypt Luxury Tour 12 Days to Cairo Nile Cruise and The Red Sea | Egypt Luxury tour packages.
- 12 Days Cairo, Nile Cruise, and Lake Nasser Cruise Luxury Tour.
- 10 Days and The Nile Cruise Luxury Tour | Egypt Luxury Vacations.
- 8 Days Cairo and Dahabeya Luxury Travel | Egypt Luxury Private Tours.
- Cairo, Aswan, and Luxor Travel in style | Egypt Luxury Travel.
- 12 Days Cairo, Alexandria, The Nile Cruise, and Hurghada Luxury Travel.
- 10 Days Egypt Luxury Tour Package | Luxury Egypt Tours.
- Day tour to the Camel Market in Cairo.
- Pharaonic Village tour in Cairo.
- Day tour to Tanis, Bubastis, and the Suez Canal from Cairo.
- Two days trip to El Minya from Cairo.
- Cairo day tour to Saqqara, Memphis, and Dahshur Pyramids.
- Half-day tour to the Egyptian Museum.
- Tanoura dance show in Cairo.
- Day tour to Giza Pyramids and Saqqara Necropolis from Cairo.
- Day tour to Giza Pyramids and Memphis City.
- Cairo Day Trip to Giza Pyramids and Dahshur Pyramids.
- Cairo Day Tour to Sakkara and Dahshur Pyramids.
- Tour to Giza Pyramids and Meidum from Cairo.
- Siwa Oasis from Cairo.
- Cairo by Night Tour.
- Nile Cruise Cairo Lunch.
- Cairo Shopping Tour.
- Tour to Pyramids, Egyptian Museum, and Coptic Cairo.
- Egypt classic tours | Classic Packages to Egypt.
- 8 Days Cairo and the Nile Cruise by Air | Travel Packages in Egypt.
- 5 Days Cairo and Alexandria tour package | Egypt Package Tour from Cairo.
- 7 Days Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh Tour | Egypt Vacation Packages.
- 13 Days Cairo, Nile Cruise, and The Oasis Tour | the best of Egypt holidays all-inclusive.
- Cairo and White Desert Adventure Tour | Egypt Vacations.
- Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan | Egypt Nile Cruise Luxor and Aswan.
- 3 Days Cairo Stopover | Cairo Short Break | Egypt Short Vacation.
- 4 Days Cairo Short Break Tour | Cairo Stopover | Egypt Short Vacation.
- Cairo, Nile Cruise, and Red Sea Tour.
- Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, and Aswan holiday package.
- 7 Days Cairo and The Nile Cruise Vacation | Travel package in Egypt.
- 5 Days Cairo and Luxor Vacation | Tour Packages in Egypt.
- 6 Days Cairo and Nile Cruise Vacation | 6 Days holiday Package in Egypt.
- Vacation Packages to Egypt | Pyramids, Nile Cruise, and Sharm El Sheikh Tour Package.
- 12 Days Cairo, Alexandria, The Nile Cruise, and Hurghada Travel.
- 10 Days Egypt private tour package | Egypt Budget Tours.
- 10 Days Package to Egypt | Egypt 10 Days Itinerary.
- 11 Days Egypt Tour | 11 Day s Egypt Itinerary.
- Egypt Luxury Tours | Luxury Egypt Tour Packages | Best of Egypt Tours.
- 10 Days Luxury Package to Egypt | Egypt 10 days Luxury Itinerary.
- 11 Days Egypt Luxury Tour | Luxury Egypt Tour Package.
- Egypt Christmas tours 2020 | The best Egypt new year tours (Christmas packages).
- 9 days Cairo and Xmas Nile Cruise by Train | Egypt Christmas Holidays 2020.
- 8 Days Cairo and Christmas Nile Cruise by Flight | Egypt Christmas and New Year tours 2020.
- New Year in Egypt 2020 Holidays and Nile Cruise | Egypt Christmas Holidays.
- 4 Days Cairo Short Break during Christmas.
- Cairo, The Nile, and Hurghada Christmas Travel | Egypt Christmas tours.
- 10 Days Egypt Christmas Package Tour.
- 10 Days Egypt Christmas tour package.
- 5 Days Cairo and Luxor Holiday during the Christmas | Egypt Christmas Travel | Egypt Christmas and New Year Tours.
- 11 Day Egypt Christmas Tour Package | Christmas tours in Egypt.
- MS Mayfair Christmas Nile Cruise Tours | Xmas and New Year Nile Cruises.
- Special Offers Egypt Holidays | Egypt Hot Deals.
- Egypt Tour Itineraries | Itineraries in Egypt
- Egypt Itinerary 1 Day Tour | Cairo 1 Day Itinerary
- Egypt 3 Days Itinerary | Egypt Itinerary 3 Days
- Egypt Itinerary 4 Days | 4 Days in Egypt Itinerary
- Egypt 5 Days Itinerary | Egypt 5 Days Tour Package.
Egypt welcomes you with its mighty Nile along the Nile valley as you will be exploring the Luxor east and west bank tour. and marvelous monuments with Cairo Top Tours which is ready to offer our guests, the best trips in Egypt and Egypt itineraries to discover most of the important things to do in Cairo, Most visitors will make a beeline straight to the most famous sightseeing the Great Pyramid of Khufu, Adventurers, backpackers, and travel bloggers could join one of our Egypt budget tours traversing the Sahara Desert, like Siwa tours from Cairo for instance or preferably the White Desert tours Egypt