Tahrir Square is the largest field in Cairo, Egypt, at the beginning of its establishment it was named after Ismailia Square, after Khedive Ismail, then the name changed to "Tahrir Square"; it was related to liberation from colonialism in the 1919 revolution and then the name was officially established in the July 23 Revolution in 1952.
The field simulates the Charles de Gaulle square, which houses the Arc de Triumph in the French capital, Paris.
Khedive Ismail was fond of the French capital Paris and even wanted to plan Cairo along the lines of Paris and to create a field similar to the Champs-Elysées Square. Indeed, the Khedive Cairo, whose streets converge on a large square, was named the Ismailia Square about Khedive Ismail, whose name later became Tahrir Square.
Tahrir Square symbolized the freedom and steadfastness of peoples when it witnessed several confrontations between protesters and the security forces, including the events of the 1919 revolution and the 1935 demonstrations against the English occupation and the bread revolution on January 18 and 19 of 1977, including the revolution of January 25 in 2011, and that revolution ended with the overthrow of the regime The ruler of President Mohamed Hosni Mubarak, who has become a symbol of the demonstrators, their steadfastness, and their freedom.
Millions of Egyptians gathered in Tahrir Square on January 28, 2011, calling for the removal of former President Mohamed Hosni Mubarak from the Presidency of the Republic and taking the headquarters of their revolution until the Vice President announced in an official statement that the President abandoned his post on Friday evening, February 11, 2011, where the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces took over management The country's affairs temporarily for a period of six months. It is worth noting that after Mubarak stepped down, the protesters cleaned and staged a sit-in in the field until the overthrow of the government of Ahmed Shafiq on March 3, 2011.
Tahrir Square is now completely renovated with the placement of one of the masterpieces of ancient Egyptian architecture from Luxor city, an obelisk, and 4 sphinx statues from the avenue of sphinxes which connects the passageway between Luxor Temple and Karnak Temple in Luxor, the cost of the renovation is huge despite the speed of finishing all the works in less than one year.
Egypt welcomes you with its mighty Nile along the Nile valley as you will be exploring the Luxor east and west bank tour. and marvelous monuments with Cairo Top Tours which is ready to offer our guests, the best trips in Egypt and Egypt itineraries to discover most of the important things to do in Cairo, Most visitors will make a beeline straight to the most famous sightseeing the Great Pyramid of Khufu, Adventurers, backpackers, and travel bloggers could join one of our Egypt budget tours traversing the Sahara Desert, like Siwa tours from Cairo for instance or preferably the White Desert tours Egypt
Would you like to live a journey through ancient Egyptian culture and mythology? you can make it happen and spend a Cairo city tour, Giza, Luxor, Aswan to see the tombs of the Pharaohs adorned with very clear, detailed, and beautifully painted scenes of the various deities of ancient Egypt as well as many other sites, cities, adventures and things to do in Cairo, you can try and book one of our range of Egypt tours and Egypt Travel Packages many privately guided groups of Cairo day tours from airport and Egypt day tours to explore the capital city of Egypt, Cairo you can check a lot of Egypt itineraries or go on one of our full Cairo Day tours like:
– Pyramids Tour from Cairo Airport.
– Day tour to Giza pyramids, Memphis and Saqqara.
– Day tour to Giza pyramids & Sphinx, Memphis, Saqqara and Dahshur.
– Cairo day tour to Saqqara, Memphis and Dahshur.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids.
– Cairo day to tour to Saqqara and Memphis.
– Old Cairo Tour | Egyptian Museum Tour.
– Day Tour to Giza Pyramids, Memphis and Saqqara.
– Quad Biking around Giza Pyramids.
– Mount Sinai Tours from Cairo.
– Day Tour to El Fayoum from Cairo.
– Cairo Stopover Transit Tour.
– Cairo Short Break | Cairo city break.
– Day tour to Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, Saqqara and Dahshur.
– Half day tour to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx.
– Bahariya Oasis and White Desert tour from Cairo.
– Day trip to Luxor from Cairo by flight.
– Giza Pyramids Camel Ride.
– 2 Days Safari to the white desert and bahariya oasis tour from Cairo.
– Day trip to Alexandria from Cairo.
– 3 Days Bahariya Oasis Tour from Cairo.
– Day trip to Alexandria from Cairo.
– Cairo Stopover Tour.
– Cairo Layover Tours to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx from Cairo airport.
– Giza Pyramids sound and light show.
– Felucca Ride on the Nile in Cairo.
– Nile Dinner Cruise in Cairo.
– Day tour to Wadi El Natroun Monasteries.
– Coptic and Islamic Cairo Tour.
– Grand Egyptian Museum Tour from Cairo.
– Half Day tour to the Grand Egyptian Museum.
– Snorkeling trip to Ain Sokhna from Cairo.
– Day Tour to the Red Sea El Ain El Sokhna from Cairo.
– El Alamein Day Tour from Cairo.
– Suez Canal Day Trip from Cairo.
– Day tour to the Camel Market in Cairo.
– Pharaonic Village tour in Cairo.
– Day tour to Tanis, Bubastis and the Suez Canal from Cairo.
– El Minya tour from Cairo.
– Two days trip to El Minya from Cairo.
– Cairo day tour to Saqqara, Memphis and Dahshur Pyramids.
– Half day tour to the Egyptian Museum.
– Tanoura dance show in Cairo.
– Day tour to Giza Pyramids and Saqqara Necropolis from Cairo.
– Giza Pyramids and Saqqara day trip with Camel Ride.
– Day tour to Giza Pyramids and Memphis City.
– Cairo Day Trip to Giza Pyramids and Dahshur Pyramids.
– Cairo Day Tour to Sakkara and Dahshur Pyramids.
– Day tour to Dahshur, Saqqara and Maidum from Cairo.
– Day tour to Dahshur, Memphis and Maidum from Cairo.
– Day tour to Giza Pyramids, Dahshur, and Maidum from Cairo.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids and Meidum from Cairo.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids Meidum and Saqqara from Cairo.
– Tour to Giza PyramidsMemphis and Meidum from Cairo.
– Siwa Oasis from Cairo.
– Cairo by Night Tour.
– Nile Cruise Cairo Lunch.
– Cairo Shopping Tour.
– Egypt countryside trip.
– Walking tour in Cairo.
– Half-day tour to Memphis and Dahshur.
– Islamic Cairo Tour.
– Cairo unusual tour to have breakfast in an Egyptian Village.
– Cairo unusual tour to visit an Egyptian Village.
– Unusual day trip to the mosques of Albayt in Cairo.
– Unusual tour to Coptic Cairo and the Cave Church of Saint Simon.
– Tour to Giza Pyramids, Islamic Cairo and Khan El Khalili Bazaar.
– Tour to Pyramids, Egyptian Museum and Coptic Cairo.
– Egypt classic tours | Classic Packages to Egypt.
– 8 Days Cairo and the Nile Cruise by Air | Travel Packages in Egypt.
– 5 Days Cairo and Alexandria tour package | Egypt Package Tour from Cairo.
– 7 Days Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh Tour | Egypt Vacation Packages.
– 13 Days Cairo, Nile Cruise and The Oasis Tour | the best of Egypt holidays all inclusive.
– Cairo and White Desert Adventure Tour | Egypt Vacations.
– Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan | Egypt Nile Cruise Luxor and Aswan.
– 3 Days Cairo Stopover | Cairo Short Break | Egypt Short Vacation.
– 4 Days Cairo Short Break Tour | Cairo Stopover | Egypt Short Vacation.
– Cairo, Nile Cruise and Red Sea Tour.
– Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Aswan holiday package.
– 7 Days Cairo and The Nile Cruise Vacation | Travel package in Egypt.
– 5 Days Cairo and Luxor Vacation | Tour Packages in Egypt.
– 6 Days Cairo and Nile Cruise Vacation | 6 Days holiday Package in Egypt.
– Vacation Packages to Egypt | Pyramids, Nile Cruise, and Sharm El Sheikh Tour Package.
– 12 Days Cairo, Alexandria, The Nile Cruise and Hurghada Travel.
– 10 Days Egypt private tour package | Egypt Budget Tours.
– 10 Days Package to Egypt | Egypt 10 Days Itinerary.
– 11 Days Egypt Tour | 11 Day s Egypt Itinerary.
– Egypt Luxury Tours | Luxury Egypt Tour Packages | Best of Egypt Tours.
– 8 Days Egypt and the Nile Cruise Luxury Tour.
– Egypt Luxury Tour 12 Days to Cairo Nile Cruise and The Red Sea | Egypt Luxury tour packages.
– 12 Days Cairo, Nile Cruise and Lake Nasser Cruise Luxury Tour.
– 10 Days and The Nile Cruise Luxury Tour | Egypt Luxury Vacations.
– 8 Days Cairo and Dahabeya Luxury Travel | Egypt Luxury Private Tours.
– Cairo, Aswan and Luxor Travel in style | Egypt Luxury Travel.
– 12 Days Cairo, Alexandria, The Nile Cruise and Hurghada Luxury Travel.
– 10 Days Egypt Luxury Tour Package | Luxury Egypt Tours.
– 10 Days Luxury Package to Egypt | Egypt 10 days Luxury Itinerary.
– 11 Days Egypt Luxury Tour | Luxury Egypt Tour Package.
– Egypt Christmas tours 2020\2021 | The best Egypt new year tours (Christmas packages).
– 9 days Cairo and Xmas Nile Cruise by Train | Egypt Christmas Holidays 2020\2021.
– 8 Days Cairo and Christmas Nile Cruise by Flight | Egypt Christmas and New Year tours 2020\2021.
– New Year in Egypt 2020\2021 Holidays and Nile Cruise | Egypt Christmas Holidays.
– 4 Days Cairo Short Break during Christmas.
– Cairo, The Nile and Hurghada Christmas Travel | Egypt Christmas tours.
– 10 Days Egypt Christmas Package Tour.
– 10 Days Egypt Christmas tour package.
– 5 Days Cairo and Luxor Holiday during the Christmas | Egypt Christmas Travel | Egypt Christmas and New Year Tours.
– 11 Day Egypt Christmas Tour Package | Christmas tours in Egypt.
– Movenpick MS Royal Lily Christmas Nile Cruise.
– MS Mayfair Christmas Nile Cruise Tours | Xmas and New Year Nile Cruises.
– Egypt Easter Tours 2029\2021 | Easter Tours in Egypt | Egypt Travel during Easter.
– 8 days Cairo and the Nile by Air during Easter | Easter Travel Packages in Egypt.
– 7 days Cairo and Sharm El Sheikh Easter Tours.
– 5 days Cairo and Alexandria holiday package during Easter | Egypt Easter tours.
– 4 days Cairo Short Break During Easter | Egypt Easter Holidays | Easter Trip to Egypt.
– 12 days Egypt Easter vacations | Easter Travel Package to Egypt.
– 12 Days Cairo, The Nile Cruis and Hurghada during Easter.
– 10 Days Egypt Easter Tour Package.
– 10 Days Egypt Easter Package.
– 11 Day Egypt Easter Tours 2021 | Egypt Tour Package.
– MS Mayfair Egypt Nile River Cruise During Easter 2021.
– 4 Days Movenpick Royal Lily Nile Cruise during Easter 2021.
– Egypt Nile River Cruise Tours | Lake Nasser Cruise | Egypt Nile Cruises 2020\2021.
– 5 Days Nile Cruise Tour from Luxor to Aswan | The Best Nile Cruise Tours.
– 4 Days Nile River Cruise from Aswan To Luxor | Aswan to Luxor Nile Cruise.
– Movenpick Prince Abbas Lake Nasser Cruise | Lake Nasser cruises 2020\2021.
– Aswan to Luxor Nile Cruise | Steigenberger Minerva Nile Cruise.
– Movenpick Royal Lily Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan | Egypt Nile Cruises.
– Nile Cruise Aswan to Luxor | MS Nile Dolphin Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
– MS Amoura Dahabiya Nile Cruise | Dahabiya Nile Cruise Luxor to Aswan.
– MS Semiramis II Nile Cruise | Luxor to Aswan Nile Cruise.
– Steigenberger Omar El Khayam Lake Nasser Cruise.
– Ms Mayfair Nile Cruise | Luxor Aswan Nile Cruise.
– MS Concerto Nile Cruise in Luxor
– MS Farah Nile Cruise.
– Movenpick MS Royal Lotus | Egypt Nile Cruise Holidays 2020\2021.
– Oberoi Zahra Nile Cruise.
– Sonesta St. George Nile Cruise | Egypt Nile River Cruise Holidays.
– Sonesta MS Moon Goddess Nile Cruise.
– MS Amwaj living stone Nile Cruise | Nile Cruise Luxor Aswan.
– Ms Esplanade Nile Cruise | Luxury Nile Cruise Aswan to Luxor.
– Movenpick MS Royal Lily Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor.
– MS Royal Princess Egypt Nile River Cruise | Nile Cruise Aswan Luxor.
– MS Steigenberger Legacy Nile Cruise |